Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fire and Coals

While camping, we all saw an interesting phenomenon, so I took the time to attempt to photograph it.  Keeping in mind it was full dark in the National Forest.  Meaning almost no ambient light on that moonless night.  Here is what we caught with the flash on the camera:

Then I tried various different settings on my camera to see what it could do.  Here's the same shot with a different setting (can't remember the actual settings though)

This, I think, was simply without a flash.  I have no idea why it came out purple like that, since what we saw were the brilliant red-hot coals in the night!

Again, a different setting, took away the 'aura' that seemed to show up in the previous photo.

 Then I tried another setting, which came out black-n-white.  A neat effect.

Yet another setting, this shot finally showed a little of what we were seeing with the red of the coals, only in the dark that was ALL we could see!  None of the rest of the fire.  It was a fun experiment with night shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment